To inform, educate and advocate on behalf of consumers and businesses in Delaware by providing information, counseling and education in an effort to combat unethical business practices and provide protection from fraudulent activities through programs, seminars and dispute resolution.
The Better Business Bureau of Delaware Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, was formed in 1998 to respond to the needs of Delaware consumers for expanded access to the BBB's extensive information. We receive no public funds and serve the community by providing unbiased, critical information concerning marketplace practices, frauds, scams and economic issues.
Our Bureau provides unique public services, which are all free to consumers:
- Provide consumer education
- Communicate information on fraud prevention
- Develop comprehensive programs to meet the public demand, especially for senior, young adult, non-English speaking, and economically disadvantaged populations.
Funds granted to the Foundation will be used help keep our information technology current and able to do the investigative and education work that the Foundation needs us to accomplish. In addition, the Education Foundation offers 2 $2500 scholarships each year.
- Student Ethics Scholarship
- Education at local community centers, senior centers and schools.
- Upgrades to our computer hardware and software that supports our consumer database.
- Conversion of English to Spanish for reliability reports through our website.
- Distribution of consumer education materials.
Your contribution to the BBB of Delaware Foundation (501(c)3) will help continue the BBB's role as a trusted neutral third party and impartial information provider. Your contribution is tax deductible as a charitable contribution and can be donated as a direct contribution to the Better Business Bureau of DE Foundation, or a contribution through United Way, targeted to the BBB of DE Foundation.
Direct contributions can be mailed to:
60 Reads Way
New Castle, DE 19720